Monday, December 28, 2009

New Year's Resolutions in the village.....

Actually, these are new year’s resolutions that I need to work on before my little people revolt, march down the hall and smother me in my sleep….

1. Clean up the village…otherwise known as my dollhouse room. Think back to Nov 29
when Call of the Small blogged about clearing up a corner of her basement for her houses and related possessions…didn't it look fantastic!! LOL. No way will I post pictures of my room that almost always looks like a bomb exploded in it…can I blame it on my peeps?

2. Clean up the Hogarin house. Bathroom is neat (wow), and they can almost sleep in the bedroom! But the rest looks like.... my dollhouse room. This is the only house I have with rooms tall enough for my really tall Asian family. I have been trying to decide if they will live in the house, or if I will give it back to the Hogarin family that came with it. There they are… standing outside…notice granma is standing between grandpa and the younger maid that used to live with my friend Amy . This should be easy to do, and I should be able to keep this resolution!



3. Quit storing furniture in the Wagner dining room. That’s Karen Wagner throwing her hands up at the confusion I left in her dining room. She and Doug would really like to give a dinner party, but until I do some cleaning and moving there is no chance of that.
Evidently she hasn't looked at her spare bedroom upstairs either, or she would be kicking and screaming on the dining room floor!
Hopefully by summertime.....sorry, Karen.





4. Get started on my English cottage.
This is an English dolls house I bought from
Canada several years ago.
The seller stuffed it in a box that was too
small and broke the chimney top into
several pieces, but I saved them…
plus the door and windows are missing.

It looks like it had vines or climbing
rosebushes attached to the front (nice glue
residue!) to match the ones painted
on the side.







I've decided to turn it into an English cottage and
and fill it with my collection of Barton Tudor
furniture.
Basically, I know how I want it to look, but just
getting started has been difficult for me.

Please advise if you know the maker of this
little house. I have another, with similarities,
that was made by Playcraft.


Will I be able to keep this resolution...I hope so,
as I have always been anxious to work on this project!




5. Put my Wichtel furniture back together. I've had this since last year. I recognized the box from the Puppenhausmuseum website.



What wasn’t already FLAT when it was shipped became FLAT as soon as I opened the box.
I hope I am still good at puzzles!
I need to take one long weekend and attack this collection of wooden pieces!
Will I get this done…I think so!



I think I have finally come up with a list of new year's resolutions that I look forward to fulfilling!
Must be because it involves my little houses.
So what's on your list of resolutions this year! Good luck to all of us!

6 comments:

  1. I am with you on this new year resolution.. cannot even get in the door of the room I laughingly call "the dollshouse room". Happy New year & good luck in your quest.. Lizzie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please keep the phone near while sleeping so you can call 911 when the peeps revolt. You are too funny! Wish I could come and help you. We could have so much fun! What has that Hogarian Maid been doing? She should have that house all cleaned up by now. Lovely blog post Flo. Thanks for sharing! I've got to get busy too. Will do... Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. to Lizzie....I'm glad I'm not alone in having a "busy" dollhouse area! Thanks for the good luck wishes (I need many!) and a Happy New Year to you! Flo

    to Amy.....Do I need a refund on that little maid? I think all she has done is let gramps chase her around the house...much to his delight! Happy New Year! Flo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we all have bombed areas in our doll's houses, and it's always comforting to see other peoples "mess" :-) Thanks for sharing and I wish you a happy new year and good luck with your resolutions, so you can sleep without one eye open :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. to Pubdoll....thank you for the good luck wishes with my resolutions...these will be much easier to fill than the "loosing 20 lbs" that I usually resolve to do! Have a great 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year, Florine! Your resolutions are admirable, especially the first! I've only tackled small areas of my dolls house room/study - I'd much prefer putting furniture back together!

    ReplyDelete