Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Le chalet de caisses à savon

 
This is my little soapbox cottage. 
This lovely little box came to me with two small swan-shaped soaps,
looking  like it should hold a treasure...and now it does.  
 

 
On one side I placed a small porch with climbing roses....
 
 
 
 then added cascading flowers....
 


and windows on each side.
 
 
 
This is the home of Gabrielle and Gaston Dubois.
 
 
 
Gabrielle is very proud of her bedroom suite...a wedding gift from Gaston.
Gaston's pet name for Gabrielle is grincheux chat. Can you guess why?
 

 
Gaston is ready for supper,
but he forgets they do not have a kitchen
(a fact that makes Gabrielle very happy).
 
 
 
Sometimes after supper Gaston takes a snooze on the sofa
while Gabrielle cleans away the take-out meal.
 

 
And other times they sit on the sofa and canoodle....


 
because they have no TV.
 
 
 
Other times they sit in their comfy chairs in their bedroom and read.
And sometimes Gaston falls asleep.
 

 
What a sweet little cottage that Gabrielle and Gaston live in.
 

 
To the Dubois we bid adieu!
 


17 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Florine, it's so cute!! And isn't she lucky having no kitchen? Hey, maybe I should see if they would rent it out to me, no cooking sounds excellent, hee hee.
    Teresa,
    sugar, spice and whatever's nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cute, and having no kitchen does have it's advantages :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do know canoodling leads to baby Dubois's? I saw no room for a baby bed. So my advice is get a TV!!!!! HA!HA! It is truly adorable! So sweet. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If a baby Dubois comes along, someone will have to gift me with another box of soap!

      Delete
  4. Very lovely! Are those Limoges furniture pieces? They fit perfectly in the little house, the whole thing is very charming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think any of these are Limoges...but I was delighted to find they were the perfect size for this little box.

      Delete
  5. Fun story! Especially love the part about having no kitchen. ;-) Love what you did with the place! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness! I am happy to find out I'm not the only one that doesn't like to cook!!

      Delete
  6. So wonderful! I love the little porcelain pieces in there- they are the perfect style for such a tiny little house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found a real fascination with mini houses this year!

      Delete
  7. And I'm the opposite-lately I find myself wanting larger scale furniture and houses!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Muy bonito y diferente.
    FELICES FIESTAS
    Un abrazo
    Maite

    ReplyDelete